Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jambalaya Tonight!

Tonight I made Jambalaya (from a box) and it was pretty good. Mostly, I was just really happy that I spent less than six dollars on my dinner for four.

Here's how it broke down:
- $2.19 jambalaya mix
- $1.30 sausage (used 1/2 of $2.59)
- $1.00 salad shrimp
- $1.28 chicken (used 1/3 of $3.54)
= $5.77

In our house we mostly drink tea so the cost for that is minimal - probably less than 20 cents for four servings.

We missed the boat on our one time a week eating out goal. We did sushi one night and mexican the next night so the six dollar dinner really helps. I know we could do better, but taste is very important and I'm not a great cook. Also, K had a school field trip today so I spent $2 on her lunch.

I went grocery shopping this week

Kroger - $42.88
Publix - $13.45

So, about $70 spent this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment