Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Changing Focus

I started this blog with the new year as a personal record of my spending. Over the last seven months, I have come to realize that it isn't really about the money, but about how we feel about the money. I have worked hard over the years not to let money define me, but I have to admit that I do feel somewhat deprived when I have zero dollars. It's funny as I don't have to spend them, but merely possess them to feel better. Often I will challenge myself as to how long I can go with X dollars in my wallet.

This previous weekend, I had the great fortune to spend the weekend with my long lost sister (30 years apart) who has been selling online for ten years. She has taken me under her wing and is helping me to establish my own online business. I hope that with another stream of income, we will become more secure financially and be able to build the emergency fund that we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment